Saturday, March 7, 2009

OHH!! HOW I DO LOVE MY PERFUME!! WHAT ABOUT YOU??





































Hi ladies....Well I am back from my quick visit to queensland to welcome home BOTH sons from JAPAN...Byron had been there for 6 months at uni..and Christian went over for the week to go skiing (per previous post)...SOOO BOth ARRIVED BACK safe & sound..






AND then my hubby..Christian & I flew back to Melbourne last tuesday....I will NOT go into the fright I had on the plane re the 150 kms wind in melb that day.RE LANDING.... SUFFICE to say it actually did reduce me to tears....with 20 yo Christian telling me it was "AN EPIC LANDING MUM!!!"....

YEH RIGHT!! WIND GUST...LOUD EXPLOSION UPON LANDING...TOTAL PLANE SHOOK VIOLENTLY...

YES IT WAS EPIC!! BUT NOT THAT KIND OF EPIC FOR YOUR 52 YO MUM!!!

ANYWAY...have NOW recovered..so to speak...!!

and back into the norm of things..

Listing lots of stuff on ebay .. (per usual)...and then I kind of thought whether I am NORMAL?? re ALL my perfumes..?
all these perfumes are on my antique dressing table...(in our bedroom..just outside our en suite..so perfect possie..to have a shower..and then spray oneself!!)..

my hubby actually says I spray far too much perfume on myself each morning.. (HE OFTEN SNEEZES!!)...okay...i may sometimes spray tooo much...BUT isnt it the thing..that one cannot smell perfume on your own body!!??? well that is my excuse..
PLUS he thinks it is totally ridiculous HOW much perfume I have..!

BUT AS i tell him...I USE ALL of them...ALL the time...I LOVE all MY PERFUME..

(and guess what he bought me as one of my christmas pressies...??? perfume!!)...end of argument buddy!!!!.............

I often shower with one body wash...then put the cream re the same on ... then spray the perfume..

SO AS MY MUM always tell me...LAYER IT ANDREA!!! that is the secret to LONF lasting smelling perfume....THE LAYERING!! and VOILA...ONE does SMELL divine!!

MY FAV perfumes are CHANEL..No 5...No 19...BUT especially NO 22 which is just soo hard to get in australia (i still have the one my son bought for me from FRANCE ..3 yrs ago..still NOT unwrapped!!)....

AND ANGEL...by Thierry MUGLER?? PLUS almost everything else. ...
I think i am a PERFUME ALHOLIC!!!

WHAT DO YOU LADIES LIKE..?? I would love to know... MAYBE I SHALL BUY & TRY IT!!

XX ANDREA
















5 comments:

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

Hmmm...Love lots of Pefumes and it is the one thing I am a snob about.
I hate cheap perfumes and avon type cat wee perfumes..lol!
I love Miss Dior.
Eden..by characelle???Can't spell it.
Smae ones who made Chole' I think
And have been wearing for years My all time blow you away favorite
Samsara by gulerlain...

The Pink Poodle said...

OHH kylie...I forgot about SAMSARA...and NAHEMA..!! both by GUERLAIN!

silly OLD memory GONE me!

YES....that has reminded me...where are they??
MMMM!! I BET MUM HAS THEM!!

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

'She with the most perfume bottles wins'. And Andrea sweetie - you WIN!!

I have several perfumes I like but keep one favourite one for special occasions so I can smell it too.
Hugs ~ Kerryanne

vicki archer said...

Hello Andrea,
We can never ever have too much perfume. I adore it and would not feel dressed without it. I am a lover of Annick Goutal, Frederic Malle and Serge Lutens perfumes mostly.
Thank you for your visit to French Essence and I love seeing and hearing news of Oz so please post more! xv

Anonymous said...

Hi Andrea,
I agree with Kerryanne, you win the perfume bottle contest hands down! I also agree with Vicki, that with out that spritz of perfume I dont feel properly dressed. My faves are
Classique by Jean Paul Gaultier (love the bottle also!)
Pleasures by Estee Lauder
J'Adore by Christian Dior
Intimatly Beckham by DVB

Glad that your boys are back home, safe & sound.
~S~ xxx