Sunday, January 10, 2010

VINTAGE BELLE MAGAZINES..BEAUTIFUL PICTURES..OLDIES BUT TOTAL GOODIES!!






Hi again ladies..well just following on from my last post re tooo much stuff..

I am actually sorting through MORE of my VAST magazine collection I have & found some lovely "vintage" BELLE mags i had stored away..


just flicking through them made me realise why i have had them stashed away for some 20 years!!

I think the photos speak for themselves..
OLDIES but GOODIES...!!!
ps...dont worry!! they are being sold on ebay .. *I am NOT keeping them!!

pps...re another previous post...


MY 86 yo DAD swam the PIER TO PUB swim yesterday..off LORNE in victoria..

He swam the ONE kilometre OCEAN SWIM in 22 minutes...!!
Coming FIRST ..of course in his VINTAGE category!!
IT would have taken ME 22 HOURS!!!

GO DAD!!!! more bay swims for him over the next 4 weeks!!!

xx andrea...

ps..going to be a HOT one here in melbourne tomorrow..41 degrees!!




















5 comments:

Gail McCormack said...

Hi Andrea

CONGRATULATIONS to your Dad! Top effort!!

I loved Belle magazines, I think that's about the time Tony and I started fiddling around with furniture, we used to strip things back or half sand them to give that chippy look, we'd never heard of the term "Shabby Chic" at the time. I bet you've had hours of enjoyment re reading them

I've just glanced down at the word verification "rentaboy" ha ha!
xo

Pineapple Villa said...

Yes I seem to recall that issue as a young newly-wed!! Think those pics are lovely even now! Your dad is amazing. Mel xxx

Anonymous said...

Andrea, your dad is such an inspiration! What an amazing achievement for anyone, but considering his age he is just incredible.

It's funny Belle magazine is still one of the best selling mags we stock. You can always rely on it for having great articles & the most amazing photography.
Sarah

beachvintage.com said...

Hope it doesn't get too hot for you today love. I to hoard magazines, so you are not alone there.Hope you had a great New Year and look forward to reading your blog in 2010.

the old boathouse said...

Your Dad is amazing!!love the pics, cheers Katherine