Monday, January 4, 2010

AWESOME VINTAGE SINGER SEWING BOOK..1954!!!



Hello again ladies..
I kind of felt a bit guilty starting of MY first post for the NEW YEARS with a whinge..
I was tempted to delete it..but figured I would just list a nicer post instead...!!

As said in my last post I did manage to find soo many lovely wonderful vintage flea market type goodies on saturday...

AND this book was one of them..


SINGER SEWING BOOK...published 1954~!!!!

I love love the colour plates....(could almost be re touched to be 2010 shabby chic??)..

the chapters are AWESOME...showing & explaining all aspects of sewing...which haven't changed over the years...!!

PLUS I just LOVE the DEDICATION written on the inside page....

"this book is dedicated to women & girls..
and especially to teachers of sewing everywhere.
who enjoy the feel of fabric, the beauty of textures,
the precision of stitches, the smoothness of seams
and who delight always in appropriate fabrics...
carefully cut and made up for a happy purpose.."....

I think that is just FABULOUS.. and I don't even sew!!!!!
SOO i think this is a bit of a HAPPIER BLOG start to the NEW YEARS!!

A simply TIMELESS gorgeous VINTAGE book....


xx andrea

4 comments:

Siobhan said...

Hi Andrea,

Im so sorry your new year started out in a bad way but glad that it was not a heart attack. Where do people get off backing into your front driveway? How rude!!!

On a lighter nite I LOVE your finds...you are such a lucky girl :)

I went to a market on Saturday and found 3 old matching chandeliers that need a some work done to them but they will look lovely once all the work is done.

Anonymous said...

Hey Andrea,
What a great find was that book. Your right, that dedication is just lovely.
Sarah

Pineapple Villa said...

Clever thing you are...i think some of those images are nice enough to frame! Mel xxx

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Great find Andrea.
Hugs ~ Kerryanne