Thursday, October 1, 2009

"FRENCH ESSENCE" BOOK & BLACK & WHITE!!




Hi ladies...can you forgive me for doing another blog when i promised in my last posting that I would NOT do another one for this week!
BUT..I just had to share with you how totally BEAUTIFUL...gorgeous is VICKI ARCHER'S new book...."FRENCH ESSENCE"...

I knew it had just been released in OZ....but spotted it in the window of one of Williamstown's newest shops...which is a GORGEOUS book shop...(shall do a blog on it soon....jeez...have to catch up on my SHOP blogs for you to look at....I have A lot of lovely shops to photo & show)..

spotted it in the window whilst taking SOOTY for a walk today!!

so walked sooty quickly back home...so as I could drive..yes drive!! back to buy it...well it is quite heavy...!!!
anyway!! THE book is beautiful...GORGEOUS photos...looking forward to savouring it more thoroughly...tucked up in bed...under a lamp light..
photos/text are wonderful....(just with my quick litte look .... A must for us lovers of all things FRENCH..)....
OHH & I just had to BUY this black/white poodle card...(shall give to mum for her 87 th birthday next month)...as I am a poodle freak...!! well for SOOTY anyway!
& just quickly...whilst photographing this on my kitchen table...SUDDENLY realised how much BLACK & WHITE stuff I HAVE in my kitchen!!!

funny how you look at all your stuff every day...& then suddenly you focus on a colour...& you have much more of it than you ever imagined?? I didnt realise I had sooo much black & white scattered throughout the kitchen...

BUT in amongst MOSTLY white..so looks okay...PLUS the granite bench tops are blue/pearl?? so with my limited decorating skills..the black PICKS up on the bench tops!!!! that is my excuse anyway!! lol...


xx andrea








































9 comments:

Annie@A View On Design said...

hi andrea, I love your blog, everything so pretty! You will like some of the furniture I'm putting in my new home we're building as a lot of it is from Provincial Home Living (I'm sure you know where I'm talking about!) A lot of dark timber etc etc... love it! (I'm following your blog now too!)

vicki archer said...

Dear Andrea,
Thank you for this wonderful post - I am so touched by your words and happy that you like French Essence. I love that poodle card too. xxv

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

Oh My Lordy!
Vicki Archer has even left you a comment!
It all looks gorgeous!
Love the card to by the way!

Anna Rosa Designs said...

Hi Andrea,
Oh honey, don't apologise for blogging. You can post when ever you like.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs,
Anna

Beach Vintage said...

We all are in love with Vicki's blog and now the book. Wonderful stuff.

Kerryanne English said...

Hey sweetie,
Hope you enjoy curling up with Sooty and such a beautiful book.
Hugs ~ Kerryanne

MelsRosePlace said...

Hi Andrea,
Cannot wait to get my hands on this little beauty. I think next time you come to the Gold Coast we need to devote a full day to gasping over beautiful books! Mel xxx

shabbydreaming said...

hey sweetie, LOVE that card!! Hmm potential girl friend for sooty there!! nahh his heart only belongs to one lady!!! I see youve been busy dyeing things too, do you wear gloves I dont and HMMM yeah the other day my hands where even pinker than normal!! LOL
hope your having a great week!
mands
gotta laugh the word verification is "huntin" how appropriate for us eh?? always looking for trasures!!

Gail McCormack said...

Hi Andrea

The book looks fabulous - I must keep an eye out for that one.

xo