Thursday, April 9, 2009

YES!! I FOUND THIS FRENCH BOOK I WAS AFTER..LAST ONE..& SOME FAKE FLOWERS? WHAT DO U THINK??
























































Hi again ladies...








HONEST!!! i wasnt planning on doing another blog quite soo soon after my last one..

BUT I FOUND the book I have been looking for...

"MADE IN FRANCE...cross stitch & embroidery in red..white & blue"...

YES!!! AND it is GORGEOUS...

So when I purchased the one & only copy the bookstore had..

RUSHED home..& luckily..WE have the BEST craft store here in williamstown.
I actually only went into it the other day to buy some wool to knit a scarf...

she used to have a little shop up the road..BUT has moved further ALONG THE ROAD!! and it is amazing!!

FULL of tapestries...MORE WOOL than I could imagine (and a lot of designer wool)..cross stitch kits..quilting material..you name it..SHE HAS IT!!

anyway...I went there all excited with my book...and purchased some nice soft cross stitch fabric...threads etc..

SO that is what I am working on this weekend..

PLUS i went to another shopping centre this morning..."HIGHPOINT"...and visited one of my ALL TIME fav shops..."PROVINCIAL HOME LIVING"...

they have about 13 stores in victoria..& I actually know the owners..(friends from school days etc)...SOOO I have to be brave & ask if i can photo this shop for interstate viewers..to show it on my blog...YOU girls would LOVE IT!!

HONESTLY...it is JUST GORGEOUS FRENCH PROVINCIAL CHIC...

BUT with the drought etc here in melbourne...HEY I bought some FAKE flowers..put them on my front balcony...

FEEL a little awkward re fake...BUT I think they look pretty good/nice?? (have to remove the price tag on container!! was in a HURRY to see how it looked)..
AN old girl can get excited?? cant she??

NOW I am thinking i need to repaint the french vintage wrought iron set i have..
was originally white...painted it black..(but with those damned magpies sitting on the chairs and pooping...!! I MAY??? not sure..have to repaint it white again)..

Anyway....JUST want to wish MANDII from SHABBY DREAMING...xxx JUST had her 2nd baby!!

and a happy easter AGAIN!!

promise...will NOT post until after easter..
AND AS USUAL!! PHOTOS ARE OUT OF SEQUENCE RE STORY LINE!! grrrrrr!!!


xx andrea

8 comments:

abeachcottage said...

love it all

I have fake flowers, you can often get away from them and you did

thanks for popping by my blog

Sarah
ABeachCottage

Anna Rosa Designs said...

Hi Andrea,
Now when you're finished doing all your projects, i'd like to borrow the book and flick through the pages. lol
Hugs, Anna

Shabby Raggy Roses said...

Hi Andrea,
Thankyou for your lovely comment about my slippers! Please email me directly at charjen1@optusnet.com.au
Thanks again,
Jenelle

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

Andrea....
You do track down the best stuff.
It is a beautiful day here,
I should be painting some of the furniture I have waiting to do.
But I feel had it!

Happy Easter ...Have a good one:0

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

Andrea....
You do track down the best stuff.
It is a beautiful day here,
I should be painting some of the furniture I have waiting to do.
But I feel had it!

Happy Easter ...Have a good one:0

Gail McCormack said...

Hi Andrea
Yes I also love Provincial Home Living, there's one at DFO Moorabbin, only trouble is after being in their shop I want to go home throw everything out and start again!

I'm looking forward to seing your finished projects

p.s. Have you tried highlighting your photo and dragging it to the spot you want it? You can't cut or copy photos to move them when you're doing a post but you can drag them - hope that all made sense, you probably already have tried!

vicki archer said...

Happy Easter Andrea and have a wonderful weekend, xv.

Catherine said...

Great find ! Nice fake flowers :)

Cathy
Easy French