Sunday, January 9, 2011

VERY BUSY THIS SUNDAY~~~~~



Hi ladies......

I am having some friends over for lunch today, with my mum & dad...

flowers at the minute are NOT too good re heat/floods etc..But i did pick up some lovely deep purple dahlias, which i mixed with some yellow gerberas for a bit of fun re the table decoration... (all from COLES!~~)..

So i have been busy cooking....

lasagne is in the oven ready to go..with homemade garlic bread...

(I have to admit I have cheated on the chips from the freezer section of the supermarket...
ALAS that is my ONLY SIN)..!!!

Homemade lamingtons...fruit salad platter...greek style salad & a bean/pea/mint salad...

My dad was THE ELDEST competitor in the WORLD's LARGEST ocean swimming event yesterday, swimming 1.2 kms in 25 minutes...(Lorne pier to Pub swim)..

there were 4200 COMPETITORS...~~~~~

Dad made the news!!~~ & i have a picture of him today reading about himself in the SUNDAY paper!!~~ lol..

(he even went swimming again this morning at his local pool & swam 1 kilometre)...

I am tired just typing about it all...let alone SWIMMING IT~~~~ & at 87 yo to boot~~

Sooty..my 12 yo poodle.. (now totally blind)..just "hanging" around!!~~

Anyway...off to put the oven on....

hope you all have a wonderful creative/productive week...

I have lots up "my sleeve" this week...or hopefully~
I have been doing a LOT of knitting...not sure what i shall do with them...?? toying with the idea of a KNITTED BUNTING..

xx andrea

10 comments:

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

I was screaming out at mil 's HOUSE WHEN i SAW THE NEWS OF THE SWIMMING SAYING "About your dad!!"
I tell tyou Andrea I would love to be seated eating all You have made you have got me salivating!!!
My House is huge mess as I try and do one big sort and cull before bubba,But the mess cleaning makes before the fruit of my labor shows drives me Crazy!!!!!!
Enjoy your comapny and have fun!
I want Greek salad now!

A Treasured Past said...

Wow, fantastic effort from your wonderful dad! Enjoy your delicious lunch, Tamara x

Ange said...

Wish I was sharing in that delicious meaal with you all Andrea, it all looks so tasty!
Your Dad is a amazing. Good for him.
The flowers look lovely too :o)
Angex

mariondee-designs said...

Hi Andrea, gotta love your dad! Puts me to shame that's for sure. All your food pics have made me so hungry as I haven't had lunch yet! It all looks so yummy.. wonder what I've got in the fridge?? The flowers look pretty too, I know what you mean about the heat and the rain, poor plants don't know whether it's summer or winter. Ok gotta go get something to eat.. take care, Maryann

petals and vintage said...

You have been knitting, I have been sewing! Must be something in the air or just the rain and cold!!! :)

Your Dad does not look 87 does he? Good on him.
Pam x

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Congratulations to your wonderful dad - what an inspiration he is. He certainly doesn't look his age.

What a beautiful spread you have put on today. I hope the day went really well for you Andrea. You obvisouly put a lot of effort into it and it looks great.
Hugs ~ Kerryanne

B said...

you do a very good spread by the looks of it! nice photos as well!

Alison Gibbs said...

Your Dad is amazing.

How lucky your lunch guests are - looks so yummy
Alison

beachvintage.com said...

Hi Andrea, I love a good salad like this one, but one thing I cannot resist is chips! Happy New Year to you!

rockatansky said...

I was the lucky recipient of not only that fantastic lunch but Andrea's wonderful hospitality...and I can tell you all that the food was delicious. It was so Great to catch up with you and your wonderful Mum and Dad and I can't wait to do it all again! Lots of Love Tim XX