Sunday, October 10, 2010

LITTLE TABLESCAPING FOR MUMS 88TH BIRTHDAY!!~~



Hi ladies....well dad turns 87 yo this friday (15th october) along with someone else!!

well I turn 53 yo NOT 87!!! ......(yep my gorgeous dad & I share the same birthday)..

But my mum has her birthday on 2nd November & is turning 88 yo...

I gave her a lovely English afternoon tea party for her 80th birthday and I am planning a similar type event for her upcoming 88th...~~~~

I cooked for days & days with lots of petit fours...lamingtons..sponge cakes...etc etc..

It was a lovely afternoon but sadly a few of mum's good friends have since passed away...

SOO I want to make this an extra LOVELY birthday for my mum (who i must say looks about 60 yo!!)..

anyway...just starting to look at some ideas...
lavender/rosemary/lace....

vintage plates...roses etc...

some inspirational pages from magazines ....

just a little snippet of what i have been doing this BEAUTIFUL SPRING DAY in Melbourne...!!~~~~~

have a lovely week..

xx andrea


8 comments:

Ange said...

Sounds like you get your youthful good looks from your Mum!
I bet she'll be so grateful for the effort you put in to making her day special.
Angex

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

Sounds like a wonderful way to celebrate a bIrthday!
I love arvo teas....They always seem fun and yet elegant

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

What a lovely event to be planning for Andrea. I hope your dad's knee is improving. Will be thinking of you on your birthday.
Hugs ~ Kerryanne

ArtfulLee Designed said...

Just so pretty. What a lovely way to celebrate. I would love an afternoon tea like this for my birthday.
Lee:)

Anna Rosa Designs said...

Hi Andrea,
Ooohh, we are only a few days difference between our birthdays!
Have a wonderful birthday,
Hugs,
Anna

designchic said...

How lovely that you and your Father share the same birthday - and the tablescaping for your mother looks wonderful...can't wait to see the result!!

Kellie Collis said...

I love the flowers: The real ones and the plates! Gorgeous! Enjoy the party planning! Kellie xx

mariondee-designs said...

Hi Andrea, everything looks so pretty! I think your mum will be delighted! Happy Birthday to you and your Dad too.. take care, Maryann