Sunday, May 2, 2010

KNITTED CUTE BERET FOR MUM TODAY!!!



Hello ladies...well i have been wanting to knit my mum a beret for Mother's Day next sunday as my MUM just LOVES her fashion..shoes/hats/clothes..

AT nearly 88 yrs old..SHE IS A real fashion ICON...guru...I wont go there!

I just recently bought her two fabulous crochet BIG OVER THE TOP berets from an ETSY seller from the USA... which she ADORED...& wants me to buy MORE in different colours...!!!

ANYWAY WHILST sorting through "stuff" to sell in my ebay room I found a pattern I had bought last year from SPOTLIGHT..
it was a package with 4 x skeins of wool with a pattern sheet to knit a beret/scarf/bag/dog coat...whichever tickled your fancy....
MMMM!! loved the BERET pattern as the wool is thick...needles are a big size 10!!

SO whilst sitting at my computer listing some bits & bobs on ebay today I knitted this beret for mum.
I have just sewn it up...adorned it with flowers I had knitted last year re little bags I was knitting...(they are still unfinished!!)...
& VOILA...
I am quite happy with the outcome...& myself in THAT..
I actually finished knitting it..
sewed it up....
embellished it..
& took photos...

(took one of me looking totally stupid...BUT very hard to photograph yourself in a mirror...SO THAT IS MY EXCUSE....just showing it to highlight the Hat...NOT the wearer )...!! being a bit SILLY!! with the tongue poking out!!
xx andrea

9 comments:

Fee said...

LOve the pic of you and the beret is nice too.

My Pink & Cream Cottage said...

Huh huh loving the photo with the tongue poking out..... your Mum will love this Hun & kinda think you need to make one for yourself as well.....

Lyn xxx

Ange said...

I am impressed...you can knit while listing on ebay! Love the photo and the beret is so cute, the eprfect Mother's day pressie.
Angex

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

Oh That is gorgeous!!!!
You should make a doz in little girl sizes and You'd sell the lot in quick speed I reckon!
My MIL always wears hats she owns sooooooo many!

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Well done Andrea. Your mum is sure to love it. I can't beleive you made it so quickly. I hate knitting so I'd still be there next mother's day trying to finish it.
Hugs ~ Kerryanne

Alison Gibbs said...

Andrea that is such a gorgeous beret.
Alison

beachvintage.com said...

That beret is so lovely, the colours together go so well. I wish I had the patience to knit!

Gail McCormack said...

You knitted that in a day??....all finished in a day!

Love the photo!

the old boathouse said...

So cute..can't believe you whipped it up so fast...it looks so good on you and would be perfect for those early morning garage sales or markets...cheers Katherine