Friday, September 19, 2008

SON AWAY...BUSY RE DECORATING..EBAYING..PLAYING TENNIS!!





WELL IT HAS BEEN A FEW WEEKS SINCE POSTING..AND I CANNOT BELIEVE HOW TIME LITERALLY FLIES....

ANYWAY WENT TO QLD LAST WEEK TO CHECK ON MY ELDEST SON WHO HAS GONE TO JAPAN FOR 6 MONTHS...ON EXCHANGE TO A UNI OVER THERE...AND HE CONTACTED US LAST NIGHT VIA SKYPE..I MUST SAY I ADMIRE HIM SOOO MUCH...LIVING WITH A FAMILY FOR 6 MONTHS...GOING TO UNI 3 KMS AWAY..HAVING TO RIDE A BIKE.....AND STUDYING 7 SUBJECTS WITH ONLY JAPANESE BEING SPOKEN....AND HE HAS TO PASS ALL OF THESE TO FULFILL HIS JAPANESE STUDies here in oz..!!

BUT I HAVE TO SAY.,.UNLIKE ME...HE IS VERY EASY GOING...AND TAKES EVERYTHING IN HIS STRIDE...when he was on skype to me last night..he could zoom around his bedroom in his hosts family house...pink curtains..(good start..)...heavy wooden furniture...as a JOKE I said
he should paint it shabby white with glass handles.,.!! he took it in his stride..,and just told me to "get over shabby stuff mum"...

anyway....missing him already....BUT a wonderful opurtunity for him to come back after christmas speaking japanese fluently...

Other son is at uni..and a mad SKIER..SO IS OFF TO THE SNOW AGAIN.

so00 with two adult boys/men...i dont have to do anything re school driving/speech nights/term reports etc..
so ebay...my blog site...is now my little bit of doing something constructive from my end...,
it is a very funny feeling when you have devoted your life to your children..and then in a blink of an eye....they are independent.,..,finished their schooling...at uni..soo to all you young mums out there..cherish your time..as IT LITERALLY FLIES BY..

ANYWAY..whilst visiting my son in qld..i went to the paddington antique markets...
and I must say i was very disappointed...there were maybe 2 shabby chic stores..but the rest were ad hoc .... nothing displayed in a nice manner to make me want to buy something..I LIKE an orderly type store...not just goods thrown around in some ad hoc manner..it makes me think the store holder doesnt really care about their goods.,.PRESENTATION...,DISPLAY AND A LITTLE BIT OF CARE RE DISPLAY makes a difference... well..that is what i think anyway..

purchased some lovely goodies from GAIL MCCORMACK THIS WEEK..AND BOUGHT A LOVELY LOT OR FAUX APPLES/LIMES./..AND PUT THEM IN A LITTLE GLASS container...they look great on my hutch..

AND OF COURSE...ALWAYS HAVE TO SHOW MY GORGEOUS TOY POODLE SOOTY!! MY BABY!!@

TAKE CARE EVERYONE XX andrea

4 comments:

The Vintage Vagablonde said...

Hi Sweets.....it is so true about our children, I am visiting my oldest on Saturday....she is only a few hours from us though.
Your son is quite brave to venture so far from home and live with strangers in order to continue his studies.
Sophee-a say hi to Sooty:)

our shabby cottage said...

Hi Andrea, Gosh an empty nest must feel so strange!! You must feel very proud to have two boys who are independant now though? Many Kids don't leave home till they are 30 these days!! Ha, I hope my two won't be like that..
Can you show us which painting you bought from Gail in your next post?? Hope you are well, Kathryn.

My Pink & Cream Cottage said...

Hey Andrea, know what you mean sweets, I have 2 sons who have already left the nest, & a daughter & son at home & notice how quickly they are growing!I two would love to see the painting?
Lyn

Petah said...

Hi Andrea, I have just found your blog through Mel of Mel's Rose Place. Always love looking at your goods on eBay. I went to the Paddington Antique Centre at Easter and have to say too, that I was sadly dissappointed. Very disorganised. It used to be one of my favourite spots to go to in Brisbane, but do not think I would bother next time. Look forward to more reading. Love your poodle. I have a pug and labrador, but have always regretted not getting a poodle. Just love that coat.